From horseback riding to snow skiing, from festivals to country cooking, you can always find something to do, something to see, and someplace to eat nearby!
- Access by horseback from the farm onto 63 miles of the famed Virginia Highlands Horse Trails at Grayson Highland State Park (horse rentals available from Rugby Creek with prior reservations). The park offers numerous hiking trails including The Appalachian Trail and mountain biking trails. Numerous streams with native and stocked trout…scenic overlooks, wild pony herds, visitor centers old time story telling and full moon hikes.
- Mount Rogers National Wilderness Area/Jefferson National Forest. One of the highest mountain areas in the Eastern United States with an elevation of 5,279′ and encompassing 115,000 acres. Miles of horseback riding, hiking, biking trails.
- Osborne’s Country Store (Gas & Convenience)
- Log cabin Country Restaurant
Within 30 minutes:
- With an elevation of 5,520′, Whitetop Mountain has the highest road accessible to automobiles in Virginia offering panoramic views of neighboring North Carolina and Tennessee mountains.
- Shatley Springs with its savory family style country cooking.
- River House Restaurant by the New River
- Having served as a turn of the century railroad, now part of the National Forest “Rails to Trails” program, The Virginia Creeper Trail encompasses 33.4 miles of gorgeous horseback riding, biking, and hiking trail winding beside rivers and through valleys. (Bike rentals and shuttle services available in Damascus, VA)
- The New River Trail State Park offers 57 miles of horseback riding, hiking and biking trails that connect to the Virginia Creeper Trail for a total of 160 miles of uninterrupted trail riding.
- Create your own family tradition by Christmas tree shopping on one of the many tree farms in Jefferson/West Jefferson the “Christmas Tree Capitol of the World”. Or simply float down the New River via canoe/rube or raft every summer. ‘Course the Blue Ridge Parkway always offers spectacular views.
- Enjoy spectacular mountain views while golfing 18 holes at Jefferson’s Landing
Within 1 hour: